72 LIKELY QUESTIONS FROM IN DEPENDENT THAT MIGHT BE ASKED IN JAMB EXAMINATION
Today we have bring to you, 73 Likely Questions From the â€œIn Dependentâ€ by Sarah Mayinka, That Might Be Asked In The 2018 JAMB Examination.
The questions below are picked from different sources, to consolidate the chances of success of our reader. We advice to read painstakingly, and make sure you study the questions very well, as they might be asked in Jamb examination.
Answers are indicated by this sign (âˆš)
Lets get going
1. â€œAn old man should be contemplating his mortality than dreaming of womenâ€ â€“ this statement was stated by who?
b) Mr. Richardson
âˆšc) Mr. Ajayi
2. Which day of the week did Tayo leave Nigeria for Oxford in 1963?
3. How many people were in the car when Tayo was being taken to Uncle Kayodeâ€™s place?
4. The names of Tayoâ€™s cousin in England were
a)Modupe and Tunde
b) Tunde and Yusuf
c) Bolaji and Ike
âˆšd) Tunde and Jumoke
5. In 1963, Uncle Kayode returned from abroad as
âˆša) a senior army officer
b) an engineer
c) a wealthy politician
d) a Professor of English Language
6. â€˜Youâ€™re off to be a Baliol manâ€™ â€“ who stated this?
a) Tyoâ€™s father
b) Uncle Kayode
âˆšd) Headmaster Faircliff
7. For what purpose is Tayo travelling to England?
Ans: To take up a scholarship at Balliol College, Oxford
8. What is the name of Tayoâ€™s school in England?
Ans: Balliol College
9. What is the significance of Tayoâ€™s visit to relatives before embarking on his journey to England?
Ans: It is their tradition
10. Through what means of transportation does Tayo travel to England?
11. Why is Tayo surprised that people do not greet each other in passing in England?
Ans: Because in Nigeria, so much value is attached to greetings
12. In what subject did Bisi receive the highest honours?
13. In the Ajayi motto, all things are expected to be done with moderation except what?
14. Who is Mr Barker?
Ans: He His headmaster and Mr Faircliffeâ€™s old colleague
15. What reminds Tayo of his mother in the Barkersâ€™ house?
Ans: Isabella cooks wonderful meals in a way that reminds Tayo of his mother
16. Christine was in her third year of study when?
Ans: Tayo met her for the first Time
17. What is Vanessa Richardsonâ€™s nationality?
18. What is the name of the friend that Vanessa wrote a letter to, concerning the status of women?
19. The full meaning of JACARI is?
Ans: Joint Action Committee Against Racial Inequality
20. What are Christineâ€™s reasons for putting an end to her relationship with Tayo?
Ans: Because she was called â€˜clingyâ€™ and the fear of her boy being snatched by some woman.
21. The language of fun among Tayoâ€™s Nigerian friends is ?
22. What are the things that made Tayo remember home each time he is at Christineâ€™s place?
Ans: Her cooking which reminds him of mama and the juju and highlife music she plays
23. What is the trait that Nessa cherises in Tayo and that is absence in Charlie and Mehul?
24. In Tayoâ€™s opinion, what are the root causes of oil corruption and a broken civil service in Nigeria?
Ans: Greed and mismanagement
25. In what university was Tayo offered a job?
Ans: Birmingham University
25. Who is Miriam?
Answer: Tayoâ€™s wife
26. Whose diary did Tayo discover in his study?
Always Visit Gidifans.com For Latest School News And Examination Tips
27. Why is Miriam loved by Tayoâ€™s family?
Ans: She nursed Tayoâ€™s father with care when he had stroke
28. Whose house is described as â€˜Beauty in the Heart of Darknessâ€™?
Ans: Uncle Kayodeâ€™s house
28. What is the name of the local artiste that took Tayo to the village?
29. What led to the closure of universities?
Ans: University students protest
30. For what reason is Tayo Opposed to leaving the country?
Ans: He Wanted to wait and help his students
31. In order of occurrence, what are the challenges Tayo faced that made him reconsider leaving Nigeria?
Ans: The broken pipe, his house boyâ€™s leave of him, his disappointment in the Foundation
and threats to his life.
32. What was his purpose of planning to travel to New York, even though he eventually could not?
Ans: To receive an award for his book
33. Why did Simon arrange a meeting for Tayo and whom did he hold it with?
Ans: To help in the possible funding of Tayoâ€™s university
34. What was the outcome of the meeting?
35. Who challenged Tayo on the road on his way home?
Ans: The soldiers
36. What reason did the soldiers give for bringing Tayo home?
Ans: They said Tayo had an accident while driving recklessly
37. What circumstance led to the death of Nessaâ€™s mother?
38. What killed Tayoâ€™s father?
39. By what means did Tayoâ€™s mother die?
Ans: An accident
40. How many years of marriage did Nessa and Edward celebrate at their wedding anniversary?
Ans: 18 years
41.Tayo was offered a job by ____ University in England but turned it down
c) San Fransico
42.Yusuf warned Tayo about his
âˆš a) criticism of the government
b) alcohol addiction
c) inability to take care of his family
d) loss of interest in organized religion
43. How did Tayo meet Miriam?
a) at a Chinese Restaurant
b) at the University he taught
c) Miram was his family househelp
âˆšd) Miriam was the nurse that attended to his father
44. When Tayo told Kemi of his first visit to the Aureol, Kemi thought the little girl Tayo saw was
b) Sister Bisi
45. Aunty Bayo was
a) Tayoâ€™s cousin
âˆšb) Uncle Kayodeâ€™s first wife
c) Tayoâ€™s fatherâ€™s last wife
d) Miriamâ€™s sisters
46. Uncle Kayode married Helene in
47. ____ took Tayo to meet his uncle ____
âˆša) Akin, in Atan
b) Bayo, In Ibadan
c) Samir, in Ibadan
d) Yusuf, in Aja
48. In 1984, Tayo was Chair of the department of
49. Ike worked in
a) a petroleum company
b) the Ministry of Agriculture
c) the British Administration
âˆšd) the Ministry of Education
50. Why was Tayo unable to talk with the Old man he went to visit the second day he arrived?
a) he was tired and needed to rest
b) the old man had died
c) he felt he still had enough time later âˆšd) he was besieged by visitors all day
51. The old man Tayo met started work with Lord Lugard in
52. The old man Tayo met had in possession Lord Lugardâ€™s
a) official seal
b) Potrait the press did not have
c) favorite glasses
âˆšd) official robe
53. How many nights had passed by the time Tayo left the Old manâ€™s place?
d) just one night
54.What was the cause of Tayoâ€™s motherâ€™s death?
a) heart attack
b) undisclosed illness
c) Gun shots
âˆšd) Car accident
55. Where did Simon suggest that they (him, Tayo and their two girlfriends) spend Easter?
56. Christine died by?
57. Why did Tayo feel guilty about Christineâ€™s death?
Ans: His refusal to respond properly to her letters and not giving her attention
58. Who is the only family Tayo has in England?
59. Why does Vanessaâ€™s father detest Uncle Tony?
Ans: To him, he is unconventional to him and because he had the opportunity of achieving a place at Cambridge University which Vanessaâ€™s father didnâ€™t have
60. What qualities did the narrator ascribe to Nancy?
Ans; She is being described as having a â€˜supercilious (arrogantly proud) tone and feigned generosityâ€™
61. What made Tayo realise how lucky he was for getting a scholarship at Balliol?
Ans: He witnessed the life of struggle most African students live, engaging in ridiculous and exhausting jobs such as bakery and hospital work to make ends meet
62. What do the signs: â€œNo Dogs, No Irish, No Colouredsâ€™â€™ (Africans and Indians) symbolise in the novel?
63. The least strenuous work was reserved for whom?
Ans: The English
64. Where was bathing done since there is no bathroom in Tundeâ€™s house?
Ans: Kitchen (in tins) or public baths.
65. For what purpose(s) did Tunde throw a party in his house?
Ans: For Tayo and to celebrate Gambiaâ€™s independence
66. â€˜â€™Nigerian women are the bestâ€™â€™ who said this?
67. Whose wedding did Tayo and Vanessa attend?
68. Joyce was expected to be the bride, but the bride turned out to be whom?
69. â€˜â€™No! Donâ€™t Moremi meâ€™â€™ Who made this statement?
70. Who is Dele?
Ans: The village drunk
71. What circumstance led to the end of Tayo and Vanessaâ€™s relationship?
Ans: Tayo impregnated a woman
72. In this narrative, Nessaâ€™s dreams as portrayed by the writer areâ€¦?
Ans: Writing about African art and culture
73. Who is Salamatou?
Ans: A single mother of half-caste Sulaiman
Now that we have the most likely questions from the In Dependent, we can now now discuss other important parts in this novel that were not talked about here.
Free Porn isoporno Adult Porn XXX
http://maps.googleSpam Word Blocked Lol/url?q=https://isoporno.com/
buying generic cialis canadian pharmacy online cialis how often can you take cialis
female viagra over the counter viagra viagra online usa
essay on the help book things to write a research paper on i need help writing my college admissions essay
government service perks essay online essay writing service should i use my real name on a college essay writing service
professional scholarship essay writing service write a descriptive essay public service commitment essay
plant viagra over the counter viagra substitute walgreens generic viagra cost
cheap essay writing service australia lined paper for writing annotated bibliography on online essay writing service
this compare and contrast essay outline will help you beat writer's block websites that write papers for you help with my essay hoo
You can use most common antifungals without worrying that they ll stop your birth control from working rogaine vs propecia The women self reported whether they had ever taken any fertility drugs
best place to buy cialis online Is Fish Amoxicillin Safe For Humans
I enjoy you because of your own effort on this web site. Kate enjoys engaging in investigations and it is easy to see why. Many of us know all relating to the lively ways you provide both useful and interesting guidelines on this blog and as well as attract participation from some other people on the area so our own daughter is in fact understanding so much. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the year. You have been carrying out a pretty cool job.
golden goose sneakers http://www.goldengoosesneakers.us.com
I want to voice my respect for your kindness giving support to men and women who really need guidance on this one subject. Your special commitment to getting the solution all-around appeared to be incredibly invaluable and has without exception permitted people much like me to reach their desired goals. This warm and friendly tips and hints denotes a lot to me and especially to my peers. Warm regards; from all of us.
off white nike http://www.nikexoffwhite.com
I enjoy you because of all your labor on this web site. My daughter loves setting aside time for research and it's really easy to see why. Most people learn all regarding the lively manner you deliver both useful and interesting information via your web site and cause contribution from the others on the content plus my daughter is without question starting to learn a whole lot. Enjoy the rest of the year. You are conducting a tremendous job.
hermes birkin bag http://www.hermesbirkins.com
I must point out my gratitude for your generosity in support of folks who need help on this one study. Your special dedication to getting the solution all around came to be particularly productive and have always allowed people much like me to achieve their desired goals. Your personal warm and helpful key points entails a lot a person like me and substantially more to my office workers. With thanks; from each one of us.
yeezy 350 v2 http://www.yeezy350v2s.com
My husband and i got quite more than happy when Michael could carry out his inquiry from the ideas he gained when using the web site. It is now and again perplexing just to choose to be giving freely secrets that most people might have been selling. So we see we have the blog owner to thank for that. All of the illustrations you've made, the straightforward blog menu, the relationships you assist to foster - it is mostly wonderful, and it's facilitating our son in addition to the family reckon that the issue is brilliant, and that's rather essential. Many thanks for everything!
hermes belts http://www.hermesbelts.us.org
I enjoy you because of your own work on this web page. Kim really loves doing research and it's really easy to understand why. A number of us know all regarding the lively medium you present insightful techniques by means of this web blog and even boost contribution from website visitors on the issue then our own simple princess has always been being taught a whole lot. Have fun with the rest of the year. You're the one carrying out a fabulous job.
supreme new york http://www.supremes.us.org
I precisely had to appreciate you once again. I am not sure the things that I could possibly have implemented without the entire creative ideas revealed by you concerning such a situation. It was actually an absolute frustrating condition for me personally, but encountering a new specialised fashion you treated the issue made me to leap for delight. Now i am grateful for your work and then hope you know what an amazing job you are always carrying out training many people via a web site. I know that you haven't met any of us.
birkin bag http://www.hermesbirkinbags.us.com
I must express some appreciation to this writer for rescuing me from this type of dilemma. Because of looking out through the world-wide-web and obtaining advice which are not pleasant, I believed my entire life was gone. Being alive without the presence of solutions to the issues you have solved as a result of your main website is a crucial case, and ones that might have negatively affected my entire career if I had not discovered your web site. Your own personal natural talent and kindness in playing with all the things was helpful. I'm not sure what I would've done if I had not come upon such a thing like this. I'm able to at this point look ahead to my future. Thanks for your time very much for your specialized and sensible help. I will not hesitate to propose the blog to any individual who desires guide on this problem.
yeezy shoes http://www.yeezy-shoes.us.org
I am just commenting to make you understand of the great encounter my wife's princess enjoyed visiting your web page. She discovered plenty of things, with the inclusion of what it is like to possess a wonderful giving heart to have certain people effortlessly have an understanding of chosen specialized subject matter. You actually surpassed people's expectations. Many thanks for displaying those effective, safe, educational and also unique tips about the topic to Evelyn.
yeezy boost 350 v2 http://www.adidasyeezyboost350.us.com
I happen to be writing to let you understand what a brilliant encounter my cousin's daughter undergone browsing yuor web blog. She picked up so many issues, with the inclusion of how it is like to possess an awesome coaching spirit to make the rest without difficulty learn specific very confusing subject matter. You truly did more than visitors' expectations. I appreciate you for showing such invaluable, trustworthy, revealing as well as fun tips on this topic to Mary.
golden goose outlet http://www.goldengooseshoes.us.org
Again she found the best thoracic surgeon in the area and had it removed. https://newfasttadalafil.com/ - buy cheap generic cialis online Znqrqy Cialis Jedezt Pjdooq Discount Generic Legally Stendra 50mg Fedex Shipping No Script Needed https://newfasttadalafil.com/ - Cialis Pxyxsb